The new ultra-fast endoscope drying and storage solution.
In 2019, PENTAX Medical introduced a unique drying and storage solution, the PlasmaTYPHOON and PlasmaBAG system. Now, PENTAX Medical has launched the new generation model, PlasmaTYPHOON+ that aims to achieve three major goals:
- To enhance patient safety by reducing the risk of infection
- To boost efficiency and reduce wait times between procedures
- To maximise hospital productivity in endoscope reprocessing
PlasmaTYPHOON+ and PlasmaBAG system dries and stores endoscopes faster than any other system, ever.
- Ultra-fast and complete drying in just 1 to 3 minutes 1)
- Ultra-fast storage in just 5 seconds 1)
The drying times are reduced from hours to just minutes due to a specific airflow process that ensures each individual endoscope channel is perfectly dried:
- Laminar airflow to eliminate most of the residual fluid in the channels
- Turbulent flow of heated air to evaporate the remaining droplets or channel walls
- The result: Perfectly dried channels for endoscopes of all major brands
The new generation PlasmaTYPHOON+ makes reprocessing procedures easier and safer:
- Intuitive software guides the procedure flow on a touch screen interface
- Visual guidance and colour-coded tubing improve the process flow
Even more, PlasmaTYPHOON+ provides additional support and safety in daily processes:
- Automatic validation with integrated alarms
- Full traceability with both printed and digital audit-ready data records
- Connection to hospital network and data management systems enables drying and storage cycles to be linked to patient data
In combination with the PlasmaBAG storage solution, PlasmaTYPHOON+ offers you safe and active endoscope storage with many benefits:
- Prevents infection risks upon storage and transportation
- Maintains disinfected state of endoscopes upon storage for up to 31 days 2)
- Labelled for traceability and safety check support
- Allows safe transportation of endoscopes from centralised reprocessing centers to satellite locations
- Space saving storage of ready-to-use endoscopes with no restriction on the number able to be stored
- Ensuring endoscopes are available anytime, anywhere
After the completely dried endoscope has been placed in the PlasmaBAG, the bag is insufflated with plasma containing ozone molecules. In conjunction with complete drying, the active storage environment in the PlasmaBAG ensures the disinfected state of the endoscope is maintained for up to 31 days 2).
The system fulfils your departments’ needs and can help you to increase hospital efficiency.
It supports physicians, nurses, reprocessing staff and hospital staff across a multitude of departments:
- Emergency room and ICU: Immediate access to ready-to-use endoscopes thanks to unlimited drying capacity and storage for up to 31 days 2)
- Endoscopy unit: Reduced waiting times between procedures thanks to improved endoscope turn-around time and no need to reprocess endoscopes again after storage
- Reprocessing unit: Efficient workflows with seamless and fully traceable processes
- Satellite Centers: Risk free transport between centralised reprocessing center and satellite locations such as Pulmonology, Cardiology, Urology, etc.
- Hospital management: Saving cost, space and time whilst increasing productivity
To learn more about the benefits and functionality of the system and our Hygiene commitment please visit: www.the-hygiene-solution-that-fits.com
1PlasmaTYPHOON+ and PlasmaBAG System: Ultra-fast drying and storage times
|ENDOSCOPIC DEVICES|| |
|Ureteroscope, cystoscope||1 min||5s|
|Bronchoscope, ultrasound bronchoscope (EBUS), nasolaryngoscope||1 min 30 s||5s|
|Gastroscope, duodenoscope, enteroscope, colonoscope||2 min 30 s||5s|
|Gastroinestinal ultrasound endoscope (EUS)||3 min||5s|
|Endoscopes without channels and transeophageal (TEE/TOE) ultrasound probes||-||5s|
The system is fully compatible with all major endoscope brands.
2Validated for up to 744 storage hours (31 days) according to NF EN 16442 norm. The maximum storage time may be subject to local regulations on endoscope storage.
|Power Requirements||Frequency||Dimensions||Net weight||Pressure of medical air at gas inlet||Minimal gas flow rate|
|(V)||(Hz)||(W x H x D)(mm)||(kg)||(Bar)||(l/min)|
|110 - 240||50/60||280 x 260 x 300||10.7||3||60|
Please click on product model to view related accessories