Forward Academy™ EBUS-TBNA
The PENTAX Medical Forward Academy™ EBUS-TBNA is a comprehensive training curriculum inspired by ESGE and ERS guidelines and curricula for achieving proficiency in performing endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration.
Endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration (EBUS-TBNA) is now the most important tool in the diagnosis, staging, and molecular testing of patients with lung cancer. EBUS-TBNA is also highly valued in the diagnostic workup of unclear mediastinal and hilar lymphadenopathy. This technique is now used in many endoscopic centers, but due to its complexity requires appropriate training to achieve the best possible bronchoscopic diagnosis.
For this purpose, we have created the PENTAX Medical EBUS-TBNA course.
As proven experts in the field of EBUS-TBNA and cytological diagnostics, we invite you together with PENTAX Medical GmbH to improve your bronchoscopic skills with us.
We look forward to seeing you in Hamburg!
Prof. Dr. Ralf Eberhardt, Asklepios Klinik Barmbek (Lead)
Dr Lukasz Gasiorowski, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poland
PD Dr. med. Lutz Welker, UKE Hamburg Eppendorf
The aim is to teach the necessary theoretical aspects as well as practical exercises on models and phantoms. In addition, there is a cytology part, which also includes theoretical aspects and practical application.
- Basics of EBUS-TBNA
- EBUS anatomy
- Live case (prerecorded)
- Cytology & ROSE
- Hands-on sessions: EBUS-TBNA & simulator
- Indications of EBUS-TBNA
- When: 12.12.2023, 09:00-16:15
- Course language: English
- Location: PENTAX Europe GmbH, Training Center, Julius-Vosseler-Str. 104, 22527 Hamburg, Germany
- Target group: Clinical teams consisting of physician and assistant or a physician only.
- Number of participants: 16
- Criteria for application: Experience in bronchoscopic endoscopy is required.
- Selection process: All applications will be carefully reviewed by the Forward Academy trainers to select the 16 final participants based on the above application criteria.
- Application deadline: 03.11.2023. The application process is now open.
- Application page: bit.ly/Forward-Academy-EBUS
- Course certificate: You will receive a certificate at the end of the course. CME points have been applied for.