Grant and Donation Requests
The Requestor should:
- Submit email request to the HOYA/PENTAX Grants Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a Letter of Request (LoR) on your letterhead, documenting your address and contact information.
- Complete a Grant Request Form: (Grant Request Form attached).
- For educational grants and donations, submit a brochure, agenda, or description of the program.
- Include an itemized budget of expenses for the event.
- Include a completed W-9 form and/or IRS letter documenting tax status. (W-9 form attached).
- Time to review and respond to a grant request may vary (generally 45 days). To avoid delays, please provide complete and accurate documentation in a timely manner.
- All grant requests should be submitted at least 60 days before the program/project begins.
- Grants are limited to non-profit organizations, educational institutions, educational program vendors, medical foundations, and professional societies.
- Availability of funds and/or equipment will be taken into consideration at the time of the request.
- The Grants Committee will not consider requests:
- for activities or events that have already occurred,
- that lack well-defined objectives or are without scientific merit,
- that PENTAX Medical would have undue influence or control over the selection or program content, faculty, educational methods, or materials,
- made by an individual Requestor, rather than an entity or organization,
- to fund entertainment,
- to offset costs that the Requestor would ordinarily be expected to carry,
- that, to our knowledge, has previously organized programs that were biased, lacked scientific rigor, or were otherwise substandard,
- from anyone or any entity debarred, excluded, disqualified, or otherwise restricted from participating in federal health care programs, and
- with missing or incomplete information, such that we are unable to fulfill federal and/or state transparency reporting obligations.
- The Requestor will be notified via email of PENTAX Medical’s decision upon completion of its review.
- Upon approval of a grant request, PENTAX Medical and the Requestor shall execute a written agreement to formalize the grant arrangement. The grant will not be distributed until the written agreement has been fully executed.