Ready to ablate a wide range2) Highly safe and effective in both naïve and refractory patients with Barrett’s esophagus. New catheter designs reach tubular structures, gastroesophageal junction (GEJ), and big and small lesions.
This device changes how you see Barrett’s esophagus 2)
|C2 CryoBalloon Pear Catheter at the GEJ||C2 CryoBalloon Focal Standard Catheter ablating naïve tissue|
"The C2 CryoBalloon is an endoscopic technology which helps freeze pre-cancerous cells within Barrett’s esophagus to reduce the risk of developing cancer. And there’s a lot of data to support that this is a highly effective treatment in reducing that risk."
Patients experienced less post-procedure pain and need for narcotic medication2), 4)
| ||Cryoablation is significantly less painful than RFA4) |
"I also noticed that on the patients we have treated, they have less pain during the procedure, so I recognize that they don’t need so much painkillers during the procedure and after the procedure."
Dr. Khanh Do-Cong Pham, Consultant endoscopist and gastroenterologist at Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Practice integration made easy with simplicity and speed2), 3), 8)
Experience a new level of efficiency in action2), 6), 7), 8)
Fast and easy-to-use
Streamlined procedure takes approximately 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the length of the BE segment
On-demand with simple storage
Smart, intuitive interface
Hand-held touchscreen controller provides system feedback to the user.
Learn more: http://c2cryoballoon.pentaxmedical.com/
Improve your Skills
with Endoscopy Experts
Join our PENTAX Medical Forward Academy™ on C2 CryoBalloon Ablation:
The PENTAX Medical Forward Academy™ C2 CryoBalloon Ablation is a comprehensive training curriculum inspired by ESGE guidelines and curricula for achieving proficiency in performing cryoablation for Barrett’s esophagus treatment. Once a year PENTAX Medical invites clinicians from Europe, Middle East and Africa, who are interested in expanding their skillset on Barrett’s esophagus treatment, to Hamburg for a full day training.
1) Wani S, Muthusamy VR, Shaheen NJ, Yadiapeti R, Wilson R, Abrams JA, et al. Development of quality indicators for endoscopic eradication therapies in Barrett’s esophagus: the TREAT-BE (Treatment with Resection and Endoscopic Ablation Techniques for Barrett’s Esophagus) Consortium. Am J Gastroenterol. 2017; 112(7): 1032-1048.
2) Canto MI, Shaheen NJ, Almario JA, Voltaggio L, Montgomery E, Lightdale CJ. Multifocal nitrous oxide C2 CryoBalloon ablation with or without EMR for treatment of neoplastic Barrett’s esophagus. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Volume 88, No. 3 2018
3) Canto MI. Safety, efficacy and durability of endoscopic nitrous oxide CryoBalloon ablation for eradication of Barrett’s neoplasia. Poster presented at: Digestive Disease Week, June 2-5, 2018. Washington DC.
4) Van Munster SN, Overwater A, Haidry R, Bisschops R, Bergman J, Weusten BL. Focal CryoBalloon verses radiofrequency ablation of dysplastic Barrett’s esophagus: impact on treatment response and postprocedural pain. Clinical Endoscopy. 2018 Volume 88 No. 5 795-803.
5) Dumot JA. The little engine that could. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 2018; 87(2): 582-583.
6) PENTAX Medical C2 CryoBalloon Ablation System Instructions for Use (IFU). LBL 1028 Master Document Rev. M
7) Kunzli HT, Scholvinck DW, Meijer SL, Seldenrijk KA, Bergman JGHM, Weusten BLAM. Efficacy of the CryoBalloon Focal Ablation System for the eradication of dysplastic Barrett’s esophagus islands. Endoscopy. 2017; 49(2): 169-175.
8) Canto MI, Trindade AJ, Abrams J, Rosenblum M et al. Multifocal CryoBalloon Ablation for Eradication of Barrett’s Esophagus-Related Neoplasia: A Prospective Multicenter Clinical Trial. Am J Gastroenterol. 2020; 115:1879-1890.
C2 CRYOBALLOON™ is a registered trademark of PENTAX Americas, Inc.